We meet at the Fitzgerald State School Hall (Norris Road, North Mackay). We hear from God’s word, ask questions, pray, sing and share some food. We kick off at 9:30am, and the formal service runs
for just over an hour.
The kids head out after the start of church for Kids Church where they dig into the bible and have anything from raps, videos, skits, craft and more to reinforce the teaching and have fun. We love providing age appropriate teaching for the kids but if you would prefer for your kids to be in the service with you that’s fine! There are toys at the back of the church during the service for young children.
After church we share morning tea together and brunch on the first Sunday of the month.
Come as you are! No church experience required
We have 3 age groups:
We want our kids to grow to know, love and live for Jesus and to support their parents as they do the hard work of encouraging this at home. And so we provide a vibrant, growing, bible teaching and age appropriate program for our children that runs during the church service during term time. And our kids love it!! Actually, our parents do too!
- Kindy church – (3-4 yr olds) This is our fantastic pre-prep group where they sing, pray, have an age appropriate Bible lesson using the Beginner’s Bible, share morning tea together and enjoy a craft based on the bible lesson that they take home each week. Our little ones love their time together and meet in the foyer at the Fitzgerald hall.
- Kids church – Our awesome primary crew will head over to the technology building for a big group activity, memory verse, a fist pumping song (we do not make our year 3+ boys/girls participate if this is not their cup of tea!) and creatively taught Bible lesson. They will then split into two groups:
- Lower Primary (Prep-Yr2. However, depending on comprehension ability, we are willing to have a conversation about where our Year 2ers will fit best.) where they will discuss the bible lesson, pray and have the teaching reinforced with a whole host of age appropriate learning techniques (such as craft, clay modelling, pictionary, cooking, building, creating, playing etc).
- Upper Primary (Yr3-Yr6, if our Yr 6s are ready to sit in the Sunday service we are very happy for that to happen) where they will look at the bible, answer questions, discuss, be stretched in their thinking and have the teaching reinforced through games, technology, art, and other age appropriate activities.
- Our material is often sourced from Kidswise, produced internally or comes from Kids Ministry directors from other FIEC churches.
- Youth happens on selected Sunday afternoons during term time. It is for Yr 6-Yr12 students. Our youth have a lot of fun with each other and love digging into the truths of scripture and seeing how that connects with everyday life.
Our Kids Church is staffed by a really great bunch of people from church who are passionate about communicating the Jesus of the bible to our kids. Everyone has working with children cards (blue cards) and we have regular reminders on child safe practices. Please see MAKE Child Protection Policy & Procedures Oct 2020 for more information.
We have a number of groups meeting to help us to understand the Bible better for ourselves, to encourage each other to apply this in our day to day lives and to love each other in whatever circumstances we are in. We currently have 2 mixed groups meeting on Wednesday evening and a men’s group on Tuesday evening. For those women who prefer to meet in the day, there is a great group of women who meet on Tuesday Mornings at 9:15am for bible study. We have a creche worker to help the mums so they can get stuck into God’s word too. Kids are most welcome!
These groups are a great way to get to know each other better, support each other, to read the Bible and pray together. Contact Jai on 0429 852 949 if you’d like more details or are keen to come along.