We want our kids to grow to know, love and live for Jesus and to support their parents as they do the hard work of encouraging this at home. And so we provide a vibrant, growing, bible teaching and age appropriate program for our children that runs during the church service during term time. And our kids love it!! Actually, our parents do too!
- Kids church – Our awesome primary crew will head over to the technology building for a big group activity, memory verse, a fist pumping song (we do not make our year 3+ boys/girls participate if this is not their cup of tea!) and creatively taught Bible lesson. They will then split into two groups:
- Lower Primary (Prep-Yr2. However, depending on comprehension ability, we are willing to have a conversation about where our Year 2ers will fit best.) where they will discuss the bible lesson, pray and have the teaching reinforced with a whole host of age appropriate learning techniques (such as craft, clay modelling, pictionary, cooking, building, creating, playing etc).
- Upper Primary (Yr3-Yr6, if our Yr 6s are ready to sit in the Sunday service we are very happy for that to happen) where they will look at the bible, answer questions, discuss, be stretched in their thinking and have the teaching reinforced through games, technology, art, and other age appropriate activities.
- Our material is often sourced from Kidswise, produced internally or comes from Kids Ministry directors from other FIEC churches.
- Youth happens on selected Sunday afternoons during term time. It is for Yr 6-Yr12 students. Our youth have a lot of fun with each other and love digging into the truths of scripture and seeing how that connects with everyday life.
Our Kids Church is staffed by a really great bunch of people from church who are passionate about communicating the Jesus of the bible to our kids. Everyone has working with children cards (blue cards) and we have regular reminders on child safe practices. Please see MAKE Child Protection Policy & Procedures Oct 2020 for more information.